Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Red Net


Another new album is up o post now. Hope you all enjoy this series of photos. More photos will be updated soon once I am done with post production. You may question why I use the same model which is Eva Lim, my sister. First is because, being her brother for years and seen her tried few modelling photo shoots with other photographers before, I believe I know her well, and I think she is a good model who is willing to communicate or discuss with photographer and have her input to blend with mine and yet she did fulfilled the basic requirements of a model. Second, because I am working for my own art projects, I am not having paid nor really my own business yet. So I know its hard to find models who have the face features I want and willing to work with me without getting paid, I only can afford by paying their meals on the photoshoot day and also have the good attitude to work with when my commanding power isn't that strong and persuasive at times.




Back to the topic about this album, its my second time working with Grace Wong, the makeup artist and my first time working with her partner, Genneve Tai. But this time photos were taken at her working place, her shop. I carried my so called creative but not professional tools to her place for the photo shoot because my stand as photographer and a creative art person, I believe there's always a creative or better, or you can say much more economic way to suits me and continue my journey to my passion. This project is not only for my passion or my personal interest, but also benefits my portfolio and also Grace's upcoming academy portfolio. Eventually, we were not only shooting this concept for the day, I brought my props which contains 5 different looks to be done on the same day which I initially didn't expect it would take the whole day. I do truly sorry about it as I didn't tell Grace earlier as I do thought that the first two looks will be plain makeup with foundation only and the last three looks will be having same makeup but different props and overall looks.


About the red net concept, there of course have a certain reference and inspiration I found to trigger my idea. I was inspired from a photo of Amber Chia model where she was wearing a hair net on face with a hat and short hair. Then I thought trying something further which I saw before from Alexander McQueen and put together. I also did a study on finding is their a symbolism or meaning with a veil covering woman's head. I found that basically is for fashion and pretty, not really have a meaning but for wedding day, woman wears a veil covering face means showing women's subjugation to men.


But here, I use that as subjugation to her dream in this photo. Red to show her passion and net is subjugation, which to bring under control, to conquer herself to her dream.




Hope you enjoy the photos, and support me if you like, remember to click the nuffnang ads on the right if they have which is a long rectangular usually. Every click of that will give me some pocket money.
Will update you all, real soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment